If you are looking for shoulder pain treatment in Parsons, Queens the information below will help you make a better decision as well as help you avoid unnecessary and expensive healthcare treatment. Also, check out our most recent video about neck pain by clicking HERE
Seven Types of Neck Pain
There are seven common types of neck pain and usually respond very well to physical therapist directed treatment. The different types are:
- Muscle Pain
- Muscle Spasm
- Facet Joint Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Referred Pain
- Bone Pain
What You Need to Know – Don’t Insist on an MRI
Before you go down the path of expensive imaging studies like MRI and CT scans, you should know that these types of tests often produce false positives.
What this means is the test might indicate that something is wrong in your neck but it a) isn’t the source of your pain or b) doesn’t require immediate surgery.
What to Do First – See One of Our Neck Treatment Experts in Parsons
If you are experiencing neck pain, you shouldn’t try to self-diagnose the problem. Our specialists can help you with this.
In almost all of the patients we see, natural, hands-on physical therapy is the treatment that you should try first. The advantages of seeing one of our physical therapy experts are as follows:
- No waiting – In most cases, you can see us the next day or week of,
- No side effects – In most cases, the treatment we provide has little to no side effects and can make you feel much better,
- It’s more affordable – an average course of treatment cost much less than tests, injections, or surgery,
- Seeing one of our physical therapists right away means we can quickly alleviate the pain and help you avoid additional doctor visits,
- Seeing one of our physical therapists first means you are less likely to need addictive opioid drugs
How Our Neck Pain Specialists will Care for You
We want to make sure that we are providing you with the appropriate treatment. As such, here are the steps that new patients go through:
- An in-depth initial evaluation where we ask you about your pain, medical history, and current condition.
- A detailed physical exam looking at movement, strength, flexibility, soft tissues and nerves of the neck.
- A personalized plan of care to meet your goals.
- Patient education – details of what we’ve found during the exam and how we will help you address these limitations.
- Manual Therapy – hands-on techniques for pain relief and to restore mobility.
- Neuromuscular Reeducation to address restrictions, weakness, and range of motion
- A Home Program – we teach you what you can do to optimize healing at home as well.
- Modalities – specific treatments to address your pain if needed.
See One of Our Experienced Neck Pain Professionals Right Away
Physical therapist directed care is proven to be an effective treatment approach for the shoulder conditions described above. For more information, visit our contact page. We look forward to helping you.
Next-Day/Week-of Appointments are Available.
Give Us a Call at 619-685-9731 to Get Started
Already Know Which Clinic is Closest to You? Visit Our Home Page for Specific Information