Careers at Fresh Pond Physical Therapy
Below are listed the jobs/career paths available in Fresh Pond Physical Therapy. Because we are currently experiencing an expansion we are constantly looking to hire new staff. Please submit your resume & cover letter via email to email@example.com for the appropriate job listing. Thank you!
Job Duties:The successful candidate must have at least three years managerial and administrative experience working in the same position or similar capacity. The candidate must have extensive knowledge in the healthcare industry including insurance processes, policies and health care law. The ideal candidate is an outstanding leader and manager, is patient-focused on delivering quality care and excellent service; proactive, with good decision-making skills; and the ability to develop and implement effective strategic, operational and marketing plans.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills; strong leadership skills
- Medical clinic operations experience is an advantage. Training will be provided.
Job Duties:Whether your interests lie in physical education, exercise or medicine, you'll find a home in physical therapy. Physical therapists, as well as physical therapy assistants & physical therapy aides are licensed professionals that manipulate the human body in an attempt to alleviate physical disorders. Clients may include athletes maintaining peak condition or post-surgery patients, so the skills possessed by a physical therapist have wide-ranging applicability. We accept applications for PT aides and PTAs as well.
Requirements:For a Physical Therapist:
- License as a PT in NY;
- Either a Master's degree in Physical Therapy OR Bachelors Degree and 5 years of experience.
- A Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy is preferred, but not required.
For a Physical Therapist Assistant:
- License as a PTA in NY;
- Associate's degree in Health Sciences.
- A Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy is preferred, but not required.
Job Duties:The role of the Billing and Collection Head is to manage effectively the department of Billing and Collections. Responsibilities include submission, posting, collections, and management of claims and accounts. Development of billing and collection procedures and systems, constantly updating and improving them. Manage staffs, including performance and development.
- Associate's degree or higher
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices, hands-on experience in medical billing software, knowledge and experience in basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Leadership abilities, Management Skills - must be able to identify problems, resourceful in gathering information, analytical, develop solutions and make decisions. Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; computer proficiency.
A receptionist is responsible for answering incoming phones calls and greeting patients upon their arrival to a clinic. In addition, a receptionist must ensure that an active patient has all necessary documents and authorizations to proceed on with their treatment. Strong interpersonal skills are mandated, as is the ability to maintain a punctual schedule.
- Minimum High School graduate. Some college preferred.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask & maintain a consistent working schedule.